Toned ripped abs don’t come easy as anyone that has them knows!
You can do all the crunches in the world but if you don’t burn the fat off, it just ain’t happening. So…
- Rule #1 Get the cardio in to burn off some calories.
- Rule #2 Lift weights! The more muscle you have, the greater your metabolic rate and the easier it will be to keep the excess pounds off.
- Rule #3 Do a variety of Ab exercises: ab crunches; side plank with hip extension; leg raise; and the plank will give you a full abdominal workout.
- Rule #4 Keep hydrated and cut out excess salt intake as this will lead to water retention and bloating.
- Rule #5 Cut down on starchy carbs (potato, white rice, white pasta, white bread) as your body stores this around your middle and prevents you from getting that washboard stomach you are dying to get!